Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (1)


I've always loved reading bloggers' WOW posts (and adding all the pretty, pretty books to by TBR list), so I'm happy to finally be participating! Waiting on Wednesday is a bookish meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that allows readers to share the yet-be-released books they're most excited about.


The book release I'm currently anticipating (i.e. impatiently waiting for) is:

Between The Sea and Sky
by Jaclyn Dolamore
Release Date: October 25, 2011
For as long as Esmerine can remember, she has longed to join her older sister, Dosinia, as a siren--the highest calling a mermaid can have. When Dosinia runs away to the mainland, Esmerine is sent to retrieve her. Using magic to transform her tail into legs, she makes her way unsteadily to the capital city. There she comes upon a friend she hasn't seen since childhood--a dashing young man named Alandare, who belongs to a winged race of people. As Esmerine and Alandare band together to search for Dosinia, they rekindle a friendship . . . and ignite the emotions for a love so great, it cannot be bound by sea, land, or air.

Why is it "WOW"-worthy?


I love the idea of this book; a romance between a mermaid and a winged guy who were childhood friends has so much potential to be appealing and beautifully told, plus the adventure elements sound interesting. Whether or not it lives up to that promising premise remains to be seen, but I'm hopeful. And if the description doesn't endear itself to readers, there's always that gorgeous, blue-centric cover.

9 comments:

  1. The cover is just amazing! Sounds like an intriguing read. Nice pick!

    My WoW:
    http://jezsbookcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, now I need to add this to my growing list of books. The story sounds cute, while the love story sounds kind of intense.

    Preet
    A Written Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    This book sounds very interesting.
    It's great to have something to look forward to, even though the wait can be hard.

    Thank you for sharing.

    I'm a new follower^^

    My WOW for today

    Have a great day!

    Mysteriousbooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one does sound magical...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Lots of mermaid stories out lately. Great pick!!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of sirens so I can't wait to see where this one goes! Nice pick!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of this book as well. It sounds like it could be really interesting. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nice pick, I love the cover!

    I am a new follower :)

    My WoW pick, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the WoW meme! This was one of my WoWs a few months ago - isn't the cover just amazing? And I like the sound of the mermaid/winged relationship dilemma.

    ReplyDelete