Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (1)

My first Teaser Tuesdays post, woo! TT is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading (a wonderful blog that I have quietly stalked for some time). Bloggers share two(ish) random sentences from their current reads without including anything too spoilery.

My Tantalizing Teaser:

"Here I was, caring constantly for Rose and complaining only to myself, which is not at all satisfactory; and there he was, doing nothing and boasting of it all the while. But I like him."

~ p.18, Chime by Franny Billingsley

About half-way done now. The main character, Briony, has a self-deprecating humor that's refreshing, but I'm still waiting to really connect with the witch-related storyline. We'll see.

4 comments:

  1. Why do girls always fall for deadbeats! I hope this turns out well for her.

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent teaser! I've been wanting this book, can't wait to see what you think of it! Thanks for stopping by, have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser. I just won Chime in a contest so I am looking forward to reading it.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete